Thursday, January 21, 2010

What’s in a name?

It would appear we have a question from the midwife in the second row...yes you:


"...So what's up with the name of your blog?"
Good question! We figured the best way to start things off...is with a comment-worthy title! The beauty of the title of our blog is that no matter how you read it...you have the potential to be offended! BRILLIANT, I know! Stay with me here. When the title was first created I was trying to come up with a witty way to say "Yes I am circumcised, and yes I understand that an evening with My Beautiful Wifey's gal-pals will probably lead to the topic of 'penis mutilation' at one point or another in one form or another...but I'm OK with that 'cause I love her!" without actually taking up that much room or saying the 'penis' word in our title.

I walked out of my office with a smug smile on my face, having just come up with the PERFECT blog title, ready to receive the lavish praises and undying kisses that were sure to follow such a pure stroke of genius...and My Beautiful Wifey said "I like Mutilated Wieners better." Needless to say my shoulder is sore from patting MYSELF on the back... Her thoughts were that it seemed like I was being negative right off the bat, in just the title. She read it as Juan and myself being antagonists against the Granola sista's because we have undergone the vaccination for Phimosis. "Just smile and wave boys...just smile and wave." Others can read it as we are fighting the good fight (being the Antagonists, if you will) against the evil, aesthetically driven, (and purely selfish) barbaric act of vaccinating against Phimosis. Yet another group of individuals may say..."What the Heck is Phimosis?"Well I've got a fresh batch of cloth diapers to strip...so my sons UNMUTILATED genitals don't get irritated =Þ, besides who wants to wear a baby with the nasty disposable diaper smell so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment